About Karen Walsh
Karen Walsh is a Keighley based counsellor with a Post Graduate Diploma in TA Psychotherapy and continues personal and professional development believing this is important in order to maintain a fresh and integrative approach.
Karen is a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and the Institute of Transactional Analysis (ITA) adhering to both thier Code of Ethics. She is also fully insured to practice.
Karen has run her own successful Private Practice since 2005. She practices from cosy premises in Keighley and also has access to premises in Skipton.
During her career as a counsellor, Karen has developed a passionate interest in family histories and how these help to shape our personalities, including the ‘Hot Potato’ – behaviours and thinking that is passed from generation to generation. Often, these may be unhelpful.
In addition to working with a wide range of issues with Individuals and Couples in Private Practice, Karen also has extensive experience with Cruse Bereavment Care. Her roles within this organisation included Client work, Supervision and as a member of the Management Committee. She currently sits on the Board of a local counselling Service.
• Post Graduate Diploma in TA Psychotherapy, Leeds Met/Leeds
• Psychotherapy Training Institute (LPTI) 2007
• Post Graduate Certificate in TA Psychotherapy, Leeds Met/ LPTI 2006
• Year 1 TA Psychotherapy, Leeds Met/LPTI 2005
• Foundation Year in TA Psychotherapy, LPTI 2004
• TA101 LPTI, 2004
• RSA Certificate in Counselling Skills, Keighley College, 2001
• NCFE Certificate in Basic Counselling Skills, Keighley College, 2000
• Certificate in Dissociatve Disorder, April 2011
• Certificate in Working with Bereaved Children and Young People, 2009
• Certificate in Couples Counselling, LPTI, 2009
• Certificate in Supervision, Cruse Bereavement Care, 2008
• In Depth Thearapy and The Child Within, Northern Guild for Psychotherapy, 2005
• Certificate in Brief Work Solution Focused Therapy, Cruse Bereavement Care, 2004
• New Ways of working with Grief and Trauma, Cruse Bereavement Care, 2004
• Bereavement Care and Support, Cruse Bereavement Care, 2003